VK Singh to file RTI seeking Army report on TSD
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Former Army chief General VK Singh will be filing an Right to Information today seeking an Army board of enquiry report on Technical Support Division (TSD).
Singh was alleged to have set up a special unit in the Army during his tenure to topple Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah`s government as reported in a daily.
The Army report claimed that Singh had used TSD to tap telephone conversations.
While denying the reports completely, Singh had called the allegations of him trying to destabilise J&K governmwent as "motivated and most absurd”.
He further added that if TSD was allowed to function properly, the cross border terrorism wouldn’t have existed.
BJP President Rajnath Singh also on Sunday came out in support of former Army chief Gen V K Singh, saying the government was deliberately troubling all personalities who want to join the saffron party.
The Defence Ministry on Saturday admitted to getting the Army report but did not confirm the contents of the report.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India