VK Singh to file RTI seeking Army report on TSD
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Former Army chief General VK Singh will be filing an Right to Information today seeking an Army board of enquiry report on Technical Support Division (TSD).
Singh was alleged to have set up a special unit in the Army during his tenure to topple Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah`s government as reported in a daily.
The Army report claimed that Singh had used TSD to tap telephone conversations.
While denying the reports completely, Singh had called the allegations of him trying to destabilise J&K governmwent as "motivated and most absurd”.
He further added that if TSD was allowed to function properly, the cross border terrorism wouldn’t have existed.
BJP President Rajnath Singh also on Sunday came out in support of former Army chief Gen V K Singh, saying the government was deliberately troubling all personalities who want to join the saffron party.
The Defence Ministry on Saturday admitted to getting the Army report but did not confirm the contents of the report.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi