VK Singh to file RTI seeking Army report on TSD
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Former Army chief General VK Singh will be filing an Right to Information today seeking an Army board of enquiry report on Technical Support Division (TSD).
Singh was alleged to have set up a special unit in the Army during his tenure to topple Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah`s government as reported in a daily.
The Army report claimed that Singh had used TSD to tap telephone conversations.
While denying the reports completely, Singh had called the allegations of him trying to destabilise J&K governmwent as "motivated and most absurd”.
He further added that if TSD was allowed to function properly, the cross border terrorism wouldn’t have existed.
BJP President Rajnath Singh also on Sunday came out in support of former Army chief Gen V K Singh, saying the government was deliberately troubling all personalities who want to join the saffron party.
The Defence Ministry on Saturday admitted to getting the Army report but did not confirm the contents of the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Tillakaratne Dilshan to retire from international cricket after 3rd ODI, two T20Is against Australia
- Stand by what I said about RSS, will never stop fighting its hateful agenda: Rahul Gandhi
- Mercedes to have petrol option for all models in India by September
- Battled empty seats at Olympics but Rio organisers witness record as 133,000 tickets get sold in 1 day for Paralympic Games
- PM Narendra Modi's brother raises arrest of dhaba owner with Indore police chief