VK Singh’s new role: Anti-nuke protestor
Fatehabad: Post-retirement, former Army chief General VK Singh has donned the role of a crusader as he joined protestors against setting-up of a nuclear plant in Fatehabad, Haryana.
Singh sat on dharna and criticized the government’s step of acquiring the land for the upcoming plant. “At least 1,500 farmers will be affected if the plant is set up on the land selected by the government. The land is fertile and the government’s decision will not only affect the farmers but also the landless labourers that work for them,” said Singh.
He said that nuclear power is destructive and cited the example of Fukushima nuclear plant.
For the first time, Singh was seen as a part of public campaign.
Meanwhile, Singh said that he did not want to say anything about his political ambition and said that he will let the country decide. On Anna Hazare’s agitation against corruption, he said, “I am against corruption and with people who are fighting against it.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you