Vocational training for youth of Naxal-hit states
New Delhi: Aiming to keep youngsters away from Maoist ideology, the Centre will launch a special skill development programme to facilitate employment of youths belonging to Naxal-affected states in corporate sectors.
The Home Ministry has roped in the National Skill Development Corporation to impart training to youths from the Naxal-affected states in vocational courses like computer and mobile phone repairing, motor mechanic, catering, hospitality, carpentry, nursing assistant and driving, among others.
A total of 1,500 youths will be enrolled in the three-month training course beginning next month, while 2,000 more will be trained in the next fiscal, official sources said.
The ministry will bear the expenses up to Rs 30,000 for each youth and the NSDC will ensure their placement in corporate sectors after the training, the sources said.
The Nehru Yuva Kendra will select youths from Naxal-hit areas in Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Odisha, Bihar, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh for the course.
"NSDC has tie-up with corporates and they will ensure that the youths get jobs," a source said.
Earlier this year, a similar five-year programme was started in Jammu and Kashmir, in which every year, 8,000 graduates, post graduates and professional degree holders would be given technical training under Udaan.
Udaan, which is being implemented by the NSDC and the corporate sector in PPP mode, is targeted at providing well-paid jobs to trained manpower.
NSDC is a one-of-its-kind public-private partnership in India. It aims to promote skill development by encouraging creation of quality vocational institutions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you