Vote bank politics responsible for communal tensions: MP CM
New Delhi: Holding that vote bank politics was a major factor for communal frenzy, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Monday said that a group or organisation should not be made a scapegoat and held responsible for such instances.
He also expressed his concern over the spread of cyber terrorism and crimes through social media platforms and advocated for an effective law to check the menace.
"Our view is that justice is for everybody, opportunities are for everyone and refusal to no one. Our vision is clear. We believe that the immediate frenzy of communalism has a root in vote bank politics.
"The solution to this problem cannot be found by blaming a particular organisation or group and making it a scapegoat for the failure of others," Chouhan said in his speech at the meeting of the National Integration Council (NIC) here.
The Chief Minister said officials present on ground should be given a "free hand" to work and should be kept insulated from any political interference.
Making an apparent reference to former state Chief Minister and Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh, Chouhan said contrary to the statements, there has been no major incident of riots in the last decade in BJP-ruled states.
"If you see the facts of these glib talkings you will see that these states (BJP ruled) do not nurture religion as vote bank...These states have been free of communal riots in the last decade because they do not indulge in politics of separation and neither the administartion has been compelled to take sides of any particular religious community," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark