‘Votebank politics hampers anti-terror fight’
Burhanpur (MP): Senior BJP leader LK Advani has said the fight against terrorism in the country was being hampered by the alleged votebank politics practised by the Congress.
"Such politics by the Congress is hurting country`s interests and fight against terror," he said while delivering the Brij Mohan Mishra Memorial lecture here on Friday night.
Had terrorists succeeded in entering Parliament during the 2001 attack, the tragedy would have been greater than that of 9/11, the former Deputy Prime Minister said.
There has been an increase in Naxal violence because the rebels "were losing their grip over the people" due to the education and development works carried out by BJP governments in Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh, Advani said.
"Naxalites wanted to stop the development works as they were losing their grip over the people in the two
states," the BJP veteran said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’