‘Votebank politics hampers anti-terror fight’
Burhanpur (MP): Senior BJP leader LK Advani has said the fight against terrorism in the country was being hampered by the alleged votebank politics practised by the Congress.
"Such politics by the Congress is hurting country`s interests and fight against terror," he said while delivering the Brij Mohan Mishra Memorial lecture here on Friday night.
Had terrorists succeeded in entering Parliament during the 2001 attack, the tragedy would have been greater than that of 9/11, the former Deputy Prime Minister said.
There has been an increase in Naxal violence because the rebels "were losing their grip over the people" due to the education and development works carried out by BJP governments in Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh, Advani said.
"Naxalites wanted to stop the development works as they were losing their grip over the people in the two
states," the BJP veteran said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing