‘Votebank politics hampers anti-terror fight’
Burhanpur (MP): Senior BJP leader LK Advani has said the fight against terrorism in the country was being hampered by the alleged votebank politics practised by the Congress.
"Such politics by the Congress is hurting country`s interests and fight against terror," he said while delivering the Brij Mohan Mishra Memorial lecture here on Friday night.
Had terrorists succeeded in entering Parliament during the 2001 attack, the tragedy would have been greater than that of 9/11, the former Deputy Prime Minister said.
There has been an increase in Naxal violence because the rebels "were losing their grip over the people" due to the education and development works carried out by BJP governments in Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh, Advani said.
"Naxalites wanted to stop the development works as they were losing their grip over the people in the two
states," the BJP veteran said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed