VP poll: Ansari telephones Mamata
Kolkata: UPA Vice-Presidential candidate Hamid Ansari on Tuesday called up Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee, seeking her support a day before filing of nominations.
"He telephoned since there is filing of nominations tomorrow," Banerjee, the West Bengal Chief Minister said.
Though Banerjee earlier announced her party`s support for UPA Presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee, she said on the Vice-Presidential poll, the Trinamool Congress would decide its stand later.
She also said that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had requested her to support Ansari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees