VP poll: Ansari telephones Mamata
Kolkata: UPA Vice-Presidential candidate Hamid Ansari on Tuesday called up Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee, seeking her support a day before filing of nominations.
"He telephoned since there is filing of nominations tomorrow," Banerjee, the West Bengal Chief Minister said.
Though Banerjee earlier announced her party`s support for UPA Presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee, she said on the Vice-Presidential poll, the Trinamool Congress would decide its stand later.
She also said that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had requested her to support Ansari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued