VP poll: CPI considering Ansari`s candidature
Hyderabad: CPI is positively considering the candidature of incumbent Mohammad Hamid Ansari for the vice presidential election.
The party would announce its decision over the issue after a meeting of its central secretariat to be held in Delhi tomorrow.
"Tomorrow evening, the party`s central secretariat would meet in Delhi. We will decide there. When the PM called us up, we said it would not be possible for us to extend support if the candidate belongs to the Congress, as we oppose your policies," CPI General Secretary S Sudhakar Reddy told reporters here.
"When the PM asked what would be our response if the candidate is Hamid Ansari, we said we will definitely consider his name. Because, Ansari does not belong to the ruling party and is not involved in formulating economic policies," he said.
Condemning the comments of US President Barack Obama on the investment climate in India, Reddy said the remarks are nothing but an unnecessary interference in the country`s internal affairs.
He demanded that the government reject the demands of Obama in no uncertain terms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many Christians, Hindus to Islam?
- REVEALED: How Virat Kohli motivated team on the field - Here's what stump mic picked up
- Katrina Kaif in her little 'Twilight' zone with Robert Pattinson! Pic inside
- Chinese demolitions at Buddhist institute draw fire
- Narsingh Yadav missing Rio Olympics will mean India losing a medal: WFI President