VP poll: CPI considering Ansari`s candidature
Hyderabad: CPI is positively considering the candidature of incumbent Mohammad Hamid Ansari for the vice presidential election.
The party would announce its decision over the issue after a meeting of its central secretariat to be held in Delhi tomorrow.
"Tomorrow evening, the party`s central secretariat would meet in Delhi. We will decide there. When the PM called us up, we said it would not be possible for us to extend support if the candidate belongs to the Congress, as we oppose your policies," CPI General Secretary S Sudhakar Reddy told reporters here.
"When the PM asked what would be our response if the candidate is Hamid Ansari, we said we will definitely consider his name. Because, Ansari does not belong to the ruling party and is not involved in formulating economic policies," he said.
Condemning the comments of US President Barack Obama on the investment climate in India, Reddy said the remarks are nothing but an unnecessary interference in the country`s internal affairs.
He demanded that the government reject the demands of Obama in no uncertain terms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA