VP poll: Jaswant Singh confident of AIADMK, BJD support
New Delhi: NDA`s Vice Presidential nominee Jaswant Singh has expressed confidence that AIADMK supremo J Jayalalitha and BJD chief Naveen Patnaik will extend their support to his candidature.
"I do believe in that. And I bank on that...I am assured (of their support)...Yes, I am (confident)," Singh told Karan Thapar on the Devil`s Advocate programme on CNN-IBN.
He was replying to a question if AIADMK and BJD, which had backed the candidature of P A Sangma in the Presidential poll, will extend their support to him in the Vice Presidential poll.
Asked about their continued silence on the issue, Singh said, "I have no difficulty with (their) silence."
On if it would be embarrassing if no one other than NDA parties backed his candidature, the BJP leader said, "Why don`t you wait until the 7th of August...Don`t jump to conclusions."
On if he was apprehensive following charges of Sangma about use of allurements and threats by UPA during the Presidential poll, he said, "I am not. I don`t lend myself to such apprehensions. I am adult enough to know the reality of India`s political life.
"But it is much better for me not to totter my thinking with that kind of detail," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part III
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part IV
- World Bank chief meets PM Modi, promises support to sustainable development
- World Cup winning coach Luiz Felipe Scolari wants to succeed Roy Hodgson as new England manager
- Another jolt to BSP, senior party leader RK Chaudhary also accuses Mayawati of auctioning election ticket
- Gold price up Rs 100 at Rs 30,350 per ten grams; silver tops Rs 43k level
- Vadra should be prosecuted for alleged suicide, if it was assisted, of his father: Subramanian Swamy