VP poll: Trinamool MPs told to attend UPA lunch
Kolkata: In a bid to repair the strained ties with Congress, the Trinamool Congress leadership has asked its MPs to attend the lunch hosted by UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi on Monday.
"Yes we have been instructed by our party leadership to attend the lunch. Trinamool MPs, who are in Delhi right now can attend the lunch program," said party MP and Minister of State for Tourism Sultan Ahmed.
Gandhi will host a lunch for MPs of the ruling alliance and supporting parties Monday, a day ahead of the vice presidential election Aug 7, official sources said.
She had hosted a similar lunch July 18, a day ahead of the Presidential poll.
Trinamool is yet to clear its stand on supporting UPA`s Vice-Presidential candidate Hamid Ansari.
For the earlier lunch, the Trinamool had initially barred its MPs from participating as the party had objected Pranab Mukherjee`s candidature for the presidential post.
But later on, Trinamool supreme Mamata Banerjee decided to extend her party`s support to Mukherjee, and MPs KD Singh and Sukhendu Sekhar Roy represented the party at the lunch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?