VP poll: Trinamool MPs told to attend UPA lunch
Kolkata: In a bid to repair the strained ties with Congress, the Trinamool Congress leadership has asked its MPs to attend the lunch hosted by UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi on Monday.
"Yes we have been instructed by our party leadership to attend the lunch. Trinamool MPs, who are in Delhi right now can attend the lunch program," said party MP and Minister of State for Tourism Sultan Ahmed.
Gandhi will host a lunch for MPs of the ruling alliance and supporting parties Monday, a day ahead of the vice presidential election Aug 7, official sources said.
She had hosted a similar lunch July 18, a day ahead of the Presidential poll.
Trinamool is yet to clear its stand on supporting UPA`s Vice-Presidential candidate Hamid Ansari.
For the earlier lunch, the Trinamool had initially barred its MPs from participating as the party had objected Pranab Mukherjee`s candidature for the presidential post.
But later on, Trinamool supreme Mamata Banerjee decided to extend her party`s support to Mukherjee, and MPs KD Singh and Sukhendu Sekhar Roy represented the party at the lunch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Christians should ask gay community for forgiveness for past treatment: Pope Francis
- Can you SPOT Aamir Khan in this picture? SEE inside
- 7th Pay Commission: Non-performing govt employees to not get annual increment
- Tri-Nation series final: Mitchell Marsh, Josh Hazlewood guide Australia to 58-run win over West Indies
- History on line as Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer get Wimbledon under way