VS`s petition on CBI probe in solar case posted after 4 weeks
Kochi: Kerala High Court today adjourned after 4 weeks the petition by veteran CPI(M) leader V S Achutanandan seeking CBI inquiry in the solar panel case, which had rocked the state last year.
The petitioner had also sought a probe involving Enforcement Directorate, Corporate Affairs Department and Income Tax Department.
A division bench comprising Chief Justice Manjula Chellur and Justice Ramachandra Menon posted the matter after 4 weeks following a request from Advocate General K P Dandapani.
Earlier, when the matter came up, government had assured to file their statement today. However, no statement was filed and the Advocate General sought more time for its submission following which the case was adjourned after 4 weeks.
According to Achutanandan, in order to inspire confidence among the public regarding justice delivery system, a fair and impartial inquiry was required in the solar panel case. The money trail involved in the case has to be found out in the interest of the state`s economy, he had submitted.
The Opposition Leader also sought an investigation into sabotaging the statement given to the magistrate court bere by one of the prime accused Saritha S Nair.
The earlier investigation by crime branch was not impartial, he stated. No efforts were taken by the investigating team to trace the amount collected by the accused, he said.
The scam involving a fraudulent solar company-- Team Solar had taken a political turn after a close personal aide of Chief Minister Oommen chandy was arrested for his alleged links with the accused. Two other personal staff of his office were also removed in connection with the scam.
The opposition CPI(M) led LDF had stalled assembly proceedings for several days and had also launched agitation demanding Chandy`s resignation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security