VS`s petition on CBI probe in solar case posted after 4 weeks
Kochi: Kerala High Court today adjourned after 4 weeks the petition by veteran CPI(M) leader V S Achutanandan seeking CBI inquiry in the solar panel case, which had rocked the state last year.
The petitioner had also sought a probe involving Enforcement Directorate, Corporate Affairs Department and Income Tax Department.
A division bench comprising Chief Justice Manjula Chellur and Justice Ramachandra Menon posted the matter after 4 weeks following a request from Advocate General K P Dandapani.
Earlier, when the matter came up, government had assured to file their statement today. However, no statement was filed and the Advocate General sought more time for its submission following which the case was adjourned after 4 weeks.
According to Achutanandan, in order to inspire confidence among the public regarding justice delivery system, a fair and impartial inquiry was required in the solar panel case. The money trail involved in the case has to be found out in the interest of the state`s economy, he had submitted.
The Opposition Leader also sought an investigation into sabotaging the statement given to the magistrate court bere by one of the prime accused Saritha S Nair.
The earlier investigation by crime branch was not impartial, he stated. No efforts were taken by the investigating team to trace the amount collected by the accused, he said.
The scam involving a fraudulent solar company-- Team Solar had taken a political turn after a close personal aide of Chief Minister Oommen chandy was arrested for his alleged links with the accused. Two other personal staff of his office were also removed in connection with the scam.
The opposition CPI(M) led LDF had stalled assembly proceedings for several days and had also launched agitation demanding Chandy`s resignation.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi