VVIP chopper deal: CBI gets documents on money trail
New Delhi: The CBI has received documents pertaining to money trail and the Italian `search warrant` which details exchange of money as the agency prepared to register an FIR soon to probe alleged kickbacks in the VVIP helicopter deal.
The agency was scrutinising the flow of money into the accounts of IDS and Aeromatrix and had also roped in Enforcement Directorate and Income Tax sleuths into the probe, CBI sources said.
The sources said the documents also included an initial `search warrant` of the Italian authorities which details payment of kickbacks in securing the contracts for supply of 12 helicopters to India.
Based on this `search warrant`, the Italian authorities had arrested Giuseppe Orsi, chairman of Finmeccanica, and Bruno Spagnolini, Chief Executive Officer of AgustaWestland.
The papers did mention the name of Tyagi brothers and reportedly also spoke about meeting of middlemen with former IAF chief SP Tyagi.
CBI sources claimed that the agency had got enough material which suggested that there was a heavy inflow of cash into engineering firms routed through Mauritius and Tunisia.
CBI has registered a PE naming the former IAF chief, his three cousins -- Julie, Docsa and Sandeep Tyagi -- alleged middlemen Carlo Gerosa, Christian Michel and Guido Haschkhe, advocate Gautam Khaitan formerly associated with Aeromatrix and its CEO Praveen Bakshi, Orsi and Spagnolini.
While the Tyagi brothers, Khaitan and Bakshi have been questioned by the CBI, all of them have denied any wrong doing in the tender process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!