`Wagah of the East` event along India-Bangladesh border put on hold
New Delhi: The unveiling of the `Wagah of the East` event, along the India-Bangladesh border, to be held on Wednesday on Gandhi Jayanti has been postponed.
"Petrapole programme for October 2 has been postponed jointly with Bangladesh authorities due to bad weather," a statement issued by BSF said.
Sources said new dates will be worked out soon to hold the event. The first retreat ceremony, part of confidence-building measures, between the two countries was scheduled to be held at the Petrapole-Benapoloe border on the lines of the event that happens every day between India and Pakistan along Wagah border in Punjab, sans the simulated angry looks by border guards and stomping of foot.
Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde was slated to be present along with his Bangladeshi counterpart MK Alamgir at the border in West Bengal to inaugurate the ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends