Waiting to see Rahul in much more active role: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Tuesday said it was waiting to see Rahul Gandhi play a "much more active role" in the organisation, echoing the demand made by several party leaders in recent days.
"He has offered his services to the party in whichever manner the leadership so desires. We are all waiting to see him playing a much more active role in the Congress and wish him success in all his endeavours," the party said in the latest issue of its mouthpiece `Congress Sandesh`.
In an editorial piece, it said the secret of the longevity of the Grand Old Party of India has been its continued capability to re-invent itself to meet the needs of the time.
"Where, in the country the youth by far exceed the numbers of older generation, the Congress needs to be able to interpret and relate to the aspirations of the younger generation and be able to deliver to the needs and aspirations of the youth of India," it said.
The chorus for Rahul playing a greater role in Congress party is growing louder with party general secretary Digvijay Singh demanding that he be given "decisive" responsibility and others even making a strong pitch for projecting him as PM candidate in the next polls.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'