Walk out of UPA over special package demand: Rajnath to Mamata
Kolkata: Asking Trinamool Congress to withdraw support from the `incompetent` UPA government, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Rajnath Singh Monday said his party will support Mamata Banerjee`s demand for a special package for West Bengal on the floor of parliament.
"The Trinamool Congress government has been asking for a special package for Bengal for the last one year. We understand the financial problem of Bengal and we support this demand. I want to assure Mamata Banerjee that they should stand in parliament and demand the special package. The BJP on this issue will support TMC in parliament," said Singh at a programme here.
The former BJP national president exhorted the TMC to walk out of the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance government if the centre did not provide the special package to Bengal.
"The central government is functioning with the support of TMC. Mamatadi should directly say that if the centre doesn`t provide the special package then they will withdraw support from the UPA. Everybody knows that Congress needs TMC," he said.
"Why are you (Banerjee) not announcing the withdrawal of support from UPA? For how long will TMC bear the burden of the sins done by Congress? The Congress has crossed all the records of corruption and inflation," said Singh.
The senior BJP leader said Banerjee was well aware of the quality of difference in terms of governance between the Atal Behari Vajpayee and Manmohan Singh regimes.
"Mamatadi had supported Atalji`s government also and the government of UPA too. She is well aware of the quality of difference in terms of governance," Singh said, adding that Congress has "brought the country to the brink of disaster and only the BJP can safely bring the country out of the present crisis".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets 2000 km strategic road for development
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: MS Dhoni admits execution of his last ball dismissal wrong
- Belgian Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ready for slog from back of the field
- Traditional Indian diet dramatically cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Carnage in Florida: KL Rahul, Evin Lewis tons laid foundation for West Indies-India T20I run mountain
- Over 34,500 criminals sentenced in 1 year in UP: DGP(Prosecution)