Walk out of UPA over special package demand: Rajnath to Mamata
Kolkata: Asking Trinamool Congress to withdraw support from the `incompetent` UPA government, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Rajnath Singh Monday said his party will support Mamata Banerjee`s demand for a special package for West Bengal on the floor of parliament.
"The Trinamool Congress government has been asking for a special package for Bengal for the last one year. We understand the financial problem of Bengal and we support this demand. I want to assure Mamata Banerjee that they should stand in parliament and demand the special package. The BJP on this issue will support TMC in parliament," said Singh at a programme here.
The former BJP national president exhorted the TMC to walk out of the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance government if the centre did not provide the special package to Bengal.
"The central government is functioning with the support of TMC. Mamatadi should directly say that if the centre doesn`t provide the special package then they will withdraw support from the UPA. Everybody knows that Congress needs TMC," he said.
"Why are you (Banerjee) not announcing the withdrawal of support from UPA? For how long will TMC bear the burden of the sins done by Congress? The Congress has crossed all the records of corruption and inflation," said Singh.
The senior BJP leader said Banerjee was well aware of the quality of difference in terms of governance between the Atal Behari Vajpayee and Manmohan Singh regimes.
"Mamatadi had supported Atalji`s government also and the government of UPA too. She is well aware of the quality of difference in terms of governance," Singh said, adding that Congress has "brought the country to the brink of disaster and only the BJP can safely bring the country out of the present crisis".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh