Want fair probe; have high regards for PM: Kejriwal
New Delhi: Team Anna on Wednesday reiterated their demand for a fair probe into the allegations that coal blocks were allocated at throwaway prices leading to a loss of Rs 1.80 lakh crore.
Addressing a press conference, Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal said the allegations have not been levelled by them but made in a CAG report on the matter.
The allegations have led to controversy as Prime Minister Manmohan Singh held the coal portfolio when the blocks were allocated.
Team Anna has alleged that the advice to auction coal blocks was rejected, which led to the huge loss.
As regards the issue of PM’s alleged involvement, Kejriwal said they would be happy if the Prime Minister came out clean.
Kejriwal also denied that Team Anna member Prashant Bhusahan had called the PM ‘Shikhandi’.
He said their team had no grudges against the PM.
“We have deepest, highest regards for the PM,” said Kejriwal, adding we only want a honest investigation into the matter.
He also denied any rift in the team on dragging the PM in the controversy, saying “all of us are on the same platform on the allegations... the only differences are on the Shikhandi remarks”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir