Want speedy disposal of Babri case: AIMPLB
Hyderabad: The All India Muslim Personal
Law Board (AIMPLB) has urged the Centre and the CBI to fast
track the Babri Masjid demolition case and book accused L K
Advani and Bal Thackeray.
The AIMPLB, under the chairmanship of Maulana Rabe
Hasan Nadvi, in its two-day meeting discussed various issues,
including the verdict of Allahabad HC, Liberhan Commission
report etc pertaining to the case.
The meeting being attended by about 200 Islamic
scholars, academicians and religious figures, including
51 executive members of the Board, will conclude tonight with
a public meeting.
Abdul Raheem Qureshi, assistant general secretary,
AIMPLB said the Board has engaged four senior lawyers to fight
the Babri mosque demolition case.
Earlier, a special CBI court in Raebareli trying the
Babri demolition case in which BJP leader L K Advani and seven
others are the accused, had fixed April 27 as the date for
Senior IPS officer Anju Gupta, who was deployed as
security officer with BJP leader L K Advani on December 6,
1992, had earlier appeared before the court.=
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love