Want speedy disposal of Babri case: AIMPLB
Hyderabad: The All India Muslim Personal
Law Board (AIMPLB) has urged the Centre and the CBI to fast
track the Babri Masjid demolition case and book accused L K
Advani and Bal Thackeray.
The AIMPLB, under the chairmanship of Maulana Rabe
Hasan Nadvi, in its two-day meeting discussed various issues,
including the verdict of Allahabad HC, Liberhan Commission
report etc pertaining to the case.
The meeting being attended by about 200 Islamic
scholars, academicians and religious figures, including
51 executive members of the Board, will conclude tonight with
a public meeting.
Abdul Raheem Qureshi, assistant general secretary,
AIMPLB said the Board has engaged four senior lawyers to fight
the Babri mosque demolition case.
Earlier, a special CBI court in Raebareli trying the
Babri demolition case in which BJP leader L K Advani and seven
others are the accused, had fixed April 27 as the date for
Senior IPS officer Anju Gupta, who was deployed as
security officer with BJP leader L K Advani on December 6,
1992, had earlier appeared before the court.=
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!