Wanted Rahul Gandhi in government: PM Manmohan Singh
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh hailed Sunday’s Cabinet reshuffle, saying it is a combination of youth and experienced ministers.
Ruling out early elections, Dr Singh said today`s expansion of his Council of Ministers would probably be the last.
"I don`t see early elections. Elections will be held in due course," he told reporters at the Rashtrapati Bhawan after the swearing-in ceremony.
Asked whether this would be the last reshuffle, he said: "Hopefully, probably this is the last reshuffle."
On Rahul Gandhi, the Prime Minister said he always wanted him in the government but he has pre-occupations. "He wants to strengthen the party," he said.
“What is the road ahead?,” he was asked. The Prime Minister replied that the road ahead is full of challenges. To a question about the proposal to move some people from Government to party, he said: "The party also needs men and women of experience to strengthen it. They will be equally productive in the party."
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!