Wanted Rahul Gandhi in government: PM Manmohan Singh
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh hailed Sunday’s Cabinet reshuffle, saying it is a combination of youth and experienced ministers.
Ruling out early elections, Dr Singh said today`s expansion of his Council of Ministers would probably be the last.
"I don`t see early elections. Elections will be held in due course," he told reporters at the Rashtrapati Bhawan after the swearing-in ceremony.
Asked whether this would be the last reshuffle, he said: "Hopefully, probably this is the last reshuffle."
On Rahul Gandhi, the Prime Minister said he always wanted him in the government but he has pre-occupations. "He wants to strengthen the party," he said.
“What is the road ahead?,” he was asked. The Prime Minister replied that the road ahead is full of challenges. To a question about the proposal to move some people from Government to party, he said: "The party also needs men and women of experience to strengthen it. They will be equally productive in the party."
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan