Wanted Rahul Gandhi in government: PM Manmohan Singh
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh hailed Sunday’s Cabinet reshuffle, saying it is a combination of youth and experienced ministers.
Ruling out early elections, Dr Singh said today`s expansion of his Council of Ministers would probably be the last.
"I don`t see early elections. Elections will be held in due course," he told reporters at the Rashtrapati Bhawan after the swearing-in ceremony.
Asked whether this would be the last reshuffle, he said: "Hopefully, probably this is the last reshuffle."
On Rahul Gandhi, the Prime Minister said he always wanted him in the government but he has pre-occupations. "He wants to strengthen the party," he said.
“What is the road ahead?,” he was asked. The Prime Minister replied that the road ahead is full of challenges. To a question about the proposal to move some people from Government to party, he said: "The party also needs men and women of experience to strengthen it. They will be equally productive in the party."
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!