Warrant against three IM suspects in Delhi serial blasts cases
New Delhi: A Delhi court Monday issued
production warrant against three suspected Indian Mujahideen
terrorists for their alleged role in the serial blasts in the
national capital on September 13, 2008.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Kaveri Baweja allowed a plea
of Delhi police`s Special Cell seeking production of three
accused Mohd Arif, Mohd Arif Badruddin Sheikh and Saif-ur
Rehman before the court on June 25.
All the three suspects are currently lodged in Sabarmati
Jail in Ahmedabad for their alleged involvement in serial
blasts there on July 26, 2008.
In an application filed before the court, the Delhi police
contended that since the names of three suspects had emerged
following interrogation of other accused, they were required
to be interrogated in custody.
The Special Cell which investigated the synchronised
explosions in the capital alleged that three accused supplied
ball bearings and timer device used for preparation of the
Taking their plea into consideration, the court directed
Ahmedabad jail authorities to produce the three before it on
A sessions court is likely to start hearing arguments
on framing of charges against the accused from June 1.
The sessions court is conducting the proceedings in the
blasts cases through video conferencing as out of total 14
suspects, several are lodged in Sabarmati Jail in Ahmedabad
for their alleged role in serial blasts there.
Five cases were registered in connection with the serial
blasts in Delhi on September 13, 2008 which killed 26 people
and injured over 135 others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre