Warrants against 2 Pak Army majors, 3 LeT operatives
New Delhi: A Delhi court today issued
non-bailable warrants (NBWs) against two serving Pakistani
Army Majors and three LeT operatives, saying terror suspect
David Headley had disclosed that they were involved in terror
strikes in Delhi, Mumbai and other places from 2005 to 2009.
"Accused Headley, in his statement, has categorically
disclosed the involvement of these accused in the terrorist
activities including that of 26/11 Mumbai attacks," District
and Sessions Judge S P Garg said.
The court, which considered the statement of
Pakistani-American Headley recorded at Illinois in the US by
National Investigation Agency (NIA), did not cite the
disclosure made by him, saying "they are not being discussed
in detail to maintain secrecy."
Headley was arrested by the FBI in Chicago in October
last year and has been lodged in a detention centre there.
The judge issued NBWs against two Pakistani officers-
Major Iqbal and Major Sameer Ali along with Lashkar operatives
Sajid Majid, Syed Abdur Rehman and Illyas Kashmiri.
The issuance of NBWs would help the NIA in getting Red
Corner notices (RCN) issued against them by the Interpol.
The court, however, did not allow the plea of NIA
seeking NBWs against JuD Chief Hafiz Saeed and Lashkar`s
operation commander Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi.
"Since the NBWs against them (Saeed and Lakhvi) have
already been issued by a Mumbai court, in my view, no purpose
would be served by issuing NBws against them afresh in this
case," the judge said in his eight-page order.
The court said that the NIA can secure a special
notice from the Mumbai court against Saeed and Lakhvi who have
been branded as international terrorists in a UN resolution of
Earlier, NIA provided details, including the inputs
provided by the FBI, and documents in a sealed cover to the
court to highlight the roles of the accused in the terror
attacks here during 2005 to 2009.
"Headley has disclosed that the accused, in
furtherance of their criminal conspiracy, continued to act in
concert with other co-accused belonging to, or connected with,
affiliated terrorist organizations for the purpose of
knowingly facilitating such attacks at different places in
India including Delhi," it said.
They were involved in a series of attacks from time to
time and some of them visited India and other places for this
purpose, the court said, asking NIA to inform about the fate
of NBWs on October 7, the next date of hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert