Was active in Anna-led anti-graft movement: VHP
Indore: Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Thursday said its volunteers were active in Gandhian Anna Hazare`s movement against corruption in Delhi last year.
"Yeh VHP hi thi jisne Anna ke workers aur netaon ko roti khilayee thee (It was VHP that cooked and served rotis to Anna`s workers and leaders)," VHP International general secretary Champat Rai said at a meet-the-press programme here.
"We were in the background and no one, including Anna and (his key associate Arvind) Kejriwal, can deny this fact," he maintained.
The veteran social activist had undertaken a fast in Delhi`s Ramlila Maidan in August last year to demand a strong Lokpal Bill. Food stalls were set up in the sprawling ground in the national capital for people coming to express solidarity with Hazare and his movement.
Hazare has consistently denied any link between his popular movement and Sangh Parivar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state