Was active in Anna-led anti-graft movement: VHP
Indore: Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Thursday said its volunteers were active in Gandhian Anna Hazare`s movement against corruption in Delhi last year.
"Yeh VHP hi thi jisne Anna ke workers aur netaon ko roti khilayee thee (It was VHP that cooked and served rotis to Anna`s workers and leaders)," VHP International general secretary Champat Rai said at a meet-the-press programme here.
"We were in the background and no one, including Anna and (his key associate Arvind) Kejriwal, can deny this fact," he maintained.
The veteran social activist had undertaken a fast in Delhi`s Ramlila Maidan in August last year to demand a strong Lokpal Bill. Food stalls were set up in the sprawling ground in the national capital for people coming to express solidarity with Hazare and his movement.
Hazare has consistently denied any link between his popular movement and Sangh Parivar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!