‘Was offered bribe when my father was PM’
Bangalore: Even before the nation recovers from the shock over Army Chief’s claim that he was offered a bribe by defence equipment lobbyist, former Karnataka chief minister HD Kumaraswamy added fuel to the fire on Thursday.
Kumaraswamy said that he was offered he was offered a bribe – as kickbacks - to get defence deals cleared when his father HD Deve Gowda was the prime minister.
However, Kumaraswamy, who served as chief minister of Karnataka during 2006-2007, did not reveal as to what action was taken by him against the middlemen who tried to bribe to fix defence deals through his father.
Also, Kumaraswamy would have to explain the delay in coming out with the revelation about the attempt to bribe him, given the important fact it involves the office of the Prime Minister of India.
Deve Gowda had taken over as prime minister on June 01, 1996 and continued until April 11, 1997. He was the Chairman of the Steering Committee of the United Front, the policy making apex body of all the constituents of the ruling front.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie