Waseem`s father `handed over son to NIA in Delhi`
Kishtwar: Maintaining that their medico son is "innocent", parents of Waseem Akram Malik on Friday said they have handed him over to the National Investigation Agency (NIA) in Delhi after bringing him back from Bangladesh.
"I was informed by the NIA that Waseem Akram Malik is required for questioning (in connection with the Delhi High Court blast case) and in this connection NIA has given a letter to me," Waseem`s father Reyaz-ul-Hassan said from New Delhi.
"I arranged the telephonic talk of my son (Waseem) with NIA officer, after that I arranged my son`s return (from Dhaka) to the country and at Delhi Airport I and my wife handed over our son to NIA for questioning," Hassan said.
Waseem is studying MBBS in a Medical Private college in Dhaka.
Reyaz-ul-Hassan said his son is innocent and on September 7 (the day of the blast) Waseem was in Jammu, and had drawn the cash from ATM and made shopping in various malls where CCTV cameras are present and the footage can be assessed to prove his presence in Jammu.
"My son is innocent and has nothing to do with Delhi blast case," he said. 15 persons were killed and over 50 others injured in last month`s blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?