Wasnik heckled by Cong workers from Bihar
New Delhi: Union Minister and Congress
in-charge of Bihar Mukul Wasnik was on Tuesday heckled for the
second time this week by party workers from the state who
charged him with corruption in allotment of tickets to
candidates during the recent polls there.
Wasnik met Congress President Sonia Gandhi at her
residence along with some party workers. When he was
coming out, a party worker from Bihar started shouting slogans
against Wasnik accusing him of "selling" tickets.
A heated exchange of words followed between Wasnik and
the party worker and there was pushing and shoving. Other
party leaders arrived at the scene and brought the situation
Other party workers from the state, who had also not been
allowed to meet Gandhi and were waiting outside, raised
slogans against Wasnik.
Earlier in the meeting with Gandhi, a few Congress
leaders had raised the issue of alleged irregularities in
ticket distribution in Bihar and requested the party president
to talk to "ground level workers to know the reality".
Those who could not meet Gandhi charged that they could
not go inside as Wasnik feared that they would speak against
A group of party leaders from Bihar had also shouted
slogans against Wasnik at the AICC headquarters today in
the wake of the party`s debacle in Bihar assembly polls.
Supporters of Wasnik, the party general secretary, also
shouted slogans, triggering a commotion for a few minutes at
the party office.
The leaders, who spoke against Wasnik, also distributed a
new leaflet seeking answers to 12 questions including why
tickets were not given according to caste combinations in the
state, why people from outside Bihar were deployed as
observers in 40 districts of the state for candidate selection
and why such people were posted as incharge of various
districts during polls.
"Are they real leaders of the state who joined Congress
six months before the election and were successful in getting
tickets for their chosen persons"? the leaflet said.
It also questioned who made changes in the list given by
the state screening committee.
This is the third consecutive day when similar protests
were carried out against those responsible for ticket
distribution in Bihar polls.
A section of state leaders had distributed another
leaflet on Sunday on the first day of the Congress Plenary
session at Burari in which they had accused Wasnik and some
other party leaders of "selling" nominations for the last
assembly polls in the state.
During the first day of the Plenary too, there was
slogan-shouting against Wasnik was by party workers from
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened