Wasnik heckled by Cong workers from Bihar
New Delhi: Union Minister and Congress
in-charge of Bihar Mukul Wasnik was on Tuesday heckled for the
second time this week by party workers from the state who
charged him with corruption in allotment of tickets to
candidates during the recent polls there.
Wasnik met Congress President Sonia Gandhi at her
residence along with some party workers. When he was
coming out, a party worker from Bihar started shouting slogans
against Wasnik accusing him of "selling" tickets.
A heated exchange of words followed between Wasnik and
the party worker and there was pushing and shoving. Other
party leaders arrived at the scene and brought the situation
Other party workers from the state, who had also not been
allowed to meet Gandhi and were waiting outside, raised
slogans against Wasnik.
Earlier in the meeting with Gandhi, a few Congress
leaders had raised the issue of alleged irregularities in
ticket distribution in Bihar and requested the party president
to talk to "ground level workers to know the reality".
Those who could not meet Gandhi charged that they could
not go inside as Wasnik feared that they would speak against
A group of party leaders from Bihar had also shouted
slogans against Wasnik at the AICC headquarters today in
the wake of the party`s debacle in Bihar assembly polls.
Supporters of Wasnik, the party general secretary, also
shouted slogans, triggering a commotion for a few minutes at
the party office.
The leaders, who spoke against Wasnik, also distributed a
new leaflet seeking answers to 12 questions including why
tickets were not given according to caste combinations in the
state, why people from outside Bihar were deployed as
observers in 40 districts of the state for candidate selection
and why such people were posted as incharge of various
districts during polls.
"Are they real leaders of the state who joined Congress
six months before the election and were successful in getting
tickets for their chosen persons"? the leaflet said.
It also questioned who made changes in the list given by
the state screening committee.
This is the third consecutive day when similar protests
were carried out against those responsible for ticket
distribution in Bihar polls.
A section of state leaders had distributed another
leaflet on Sunday on the first day of the Congress Plenary
session at Burari in which they had accused Wasnik and some
other party leaders of "selling" nominations for the last
assembly polls in the state.
During the first day of the Plenary too, there was
slogan-shouting against Wasnik was by party workers from
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh