Water level in Ganga comes down slightly
Kanpur: The water level in the Ganga here on Monday came down slightly although the river still continues to flow close to danger level.
"The water level in Ganga river was recorded at 113m and 45cm at 9 A.M. Today. It has come down by 23cm from 113m and 68cm recorded yesterday," said ADM (finance) SP Singh, the nodal officer for flood relief.
"However, the river is still flowing 45cm above the warning level of 113m and 55cm below the danger level of 114m," he added.
"The administration is on high alert as the sky remains overcast and there is a possibility of rain," Singh said.
"If the water level in Ganga breaches the danger mark, residents of 30 villages near the river will be evacuated and shifted to relief camps. The villagers have been informed about it," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders