Water level in Ganga comes down slightly
Kanpur: The water level in the Ganga here on Monday came down slightly although the river still continues to flow close to danger level.
"The water level in Ganga river was recorded at 113m and 45cm at 9 A.M. Today. It has come down by 23cm from 113m and 68cm recorded yesterday," said ADM (finance) SP Singh, the nodal officer for flood relief.
"However, the river is still flowing 45cm above the warning level of 113m and 55cm below the danger level of 114m," he added.
"The administration is on high alert as the sky remains overcast and there is a possibility of rain," Singh said.
"If the water level in Ganga breaches the danger mark, residents of 30 villages near the river will be evacuated and shifted to relief camps. The villagers have been informed about it," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere