Water security more important than food security: Rajendra Singh
Vijayawada: Renowned water conservation activist and Magsaysay Award winner Rajendra Singh on Monday said water security was more important for the country than food security.
Singh, who will campaign for AAP candidates in the district, arrived here today.
Talking to reporters, he said the country must take up measures to save water bodies and the cause needed political support.
Singh added though he was not a member of AAP, he supported it because it was the only party to have a policy for water.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre