Water security more important than food security: Rajendra Singh
Vijayawada: Renowned water conservation activist and Magsaysay Award winner Rajendra Singh on Monday said water security was more important for the country than food security.
Singh, who will campaign for AAP candidates in the district, arrived here today.
Talking to reporters, he said the country must take up measures to save water bodies and the cause needed political support.
Singh added though he was not a member of AAP, he supported it because it was the only party to have a policy for water.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- 21-year-old commits suicide over morphed Facebook images
- REVEALED: How Test captain Virat Kohli played game-changing role in Anil Kumble's appointment
- Buying your dream home in Gurgaon to become cheaper; Circle rates reduced by 15%
- Iranians pray for peace on holy night
- Goa to continue getting incessant rains till July 1: Met