Water security more important than food security: Rajendra Singh
Vijayawada: Renowned water conservation activist and Magsaysay Award winner Rajendra Singh on Monday said water security was more important for the country than food security.
Singh, who will campaign for AAP candidates in the district, arrived here today.
Talking to reporters, he said the country must take up measures to save water bodies and the cause needed political support.
Singh added though he was not a member of AAP, he supported it because it was the only party to have a policy for water.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India