Water security more important than food security: Rajendra Singh
Vijayawada: Renowned water conservation activist and Magsaysay Award winner Rajendra Singh on Monday said water security was more important for the country than food security.
Singh, who will campaign for AAP candidates in the district, arrived here today.
Talking to reporters, he said the country must take up measures to save water bodies and the cause needed political support.
Singh added though he was not a member of AAP, he supported it because it was the only party to have a policy for water.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months