WB train mishap: Rlys to again demand CBI probe
New Delhi: Sticking to its demand for a CBI
probe into the Jnaneshwari Express derailment, the Railway
Ministry has decided to write a second letter to the Home
Ministry in this regard.
Chairman of the Railway Board would soon be writing
another letter to the Home Secretary seeking a CBI probe into
the train mishap which claimed 149 lives, said a highly-placed
source in the Ministry.
The letter is intended to put pressure on the Home
Ministry for a CBI probe without seeking the West Bengal
The Centre yesterday said the needle of suspicion in the
Jnaneswari Express disaster pointed to Maoists, as the West
Bengal government ruled out a CBI probe in a snub to Railway
Minister Mamata Banerjee.
Under Section 6 of the Delhi Special Police Act, known as
CBI Act, the Centre can directly authorise the CBI to
investigate any incident in railway premises, the source said,
adding the Home Ministry need not have approached the state
government for its concurrence.
Earlier, the CRB had written a letter to the Home
Secretary demanding a CBI probe. The Home Secretary forwarded
the same to the Chief Secretary of West Bengal.
However, the state government ruled out a CBI probe
saying the CID investigation has progressed a great deal.
Meanwhile, Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee told PTI that
she wants the truth to come out behind the reason of the train
"The truth must come out and people should know who are
behind the incident," she said.
Asked whether she has talked with the Home Minister P
Chidambaram regarding the CBI probe, she said "I keep talking
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune