WB violence: Buddha snubs Chidambaram
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister
Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee has no immediate plan to visit Delhi
following Union Home Minister P Chidambaram`s letter to him
after the violence in Lalgarh.
Confirming receipt of Chidambaram`s letter which urged
Bhattacharjee to visit Delhi immediately rescheduling all
programmes, the Chief Minister`s office said "he has no
immediate plan to go to Delhi at least in a day or two".
It said the chief minister had gone to Canning in
South 24 Parganas district today to inaugurate a bridge over
the Matla river.
"We have no idea if the chief minister has replied
to Chidambaram`s letter," CPI(M) sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal