We are complying with all laws: Gadkari`s company
New Delhi: BJP president Nitin Gadkari`s company Purti Group, which is facing a government probe into allegations of dubious funding, tonight claimed it has been complying with the requirements of laws from time to time.
A statement issued by the Purti Power & Sugar Ltd (PPSL) said it expected "fair investigation" from the Ministry of Corporate Affairs in such a way that "baseless allegations making rounds by media" should not prejudice the enquiry proceedings.
The Ministry has launched a probe into the affairs of PPSL. The Income Tax department has also launched investigations into the source of funds of the company.
Claiming that the company has been complying with the requirements of laws from time to time, the statement by Sudhir Dive, Managing Director of PPSL, however, said, whatever additional information or clarification that may be asked for shall be provided readily.
The statement said PPSL is a company working for the social cause and for the betterment of farmers of Vidarbha region and sentiments of millions of people are involved in it.
"We will trace the source of the funds of the companies including the 18 companies that invested in Purti," a top IT official told PTI in Mumbai on condition of anonymity yesterday.
The official said prima facie `shell` companies (inactive firms used as a vehicle for various financial manoeuvres or kept dormant for future use in some other capacity) had pumped money into PPSL.
Sources in the IT department said a report would be submitted to the Central Board of Direct Taxes(CBDT) shortly.
"We have already started gathering documents relating to these companies," they said, adding officials in the investigation wing of the department in Mumbai and Pune were involved in the probe.
Officials of the investing companies would be summoned in due course and, if needed, Gadkari would also be asked to be present, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi