We are not committing suicide: Kejriwal
New Delhi: Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal, who is on a fast-unto-death since July 25, on Wednesday said that fasting members of the team are ready to sacrifice their lives for the nation.
“We are not here to commit suicide. We are ready to sacrifice our lives for the nation”, he said.
Kejriwal, whose health has been visibly deterioriating in last few days, exclaimed that freedom fighters like Bhagat Singh, Subhash Chandra Bose also commit suicide?
“Mine is first fast-unto death. First time, I realised what is hunger... There are many farmers who don’t eat anything out of poverty. I appeal to the government to hospitalise all poor farmers and then I will also get admitted to hospital”, he said.
He also added, “First put fifteen corrupt ministers behind bars, then we will break our fast. Delhi police can hospitalise us but can’t force feed us. Our fast will continue till any solution to tackle corruption comes.”
His remarks came after Delhi Police on Wednesday advised Team Anna to immediately hospitalise Arvind Kejriwal and two other fasting activists and warned that the organisers would be "squarely responsible" if anything untoward happens to them.
The fast of the three activists, Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia and Gopal Rai entered its eighth day on Wednesday and their health has worsened with doctors advising their hospitalisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town