We are not committing suicide: Kejriwal
New Delhi: Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal, who is on a fast-unto-death since July 25, on Wednesday said that fasting members of the team are ready to sacrifice their lives for the nation.
“We are not here to commit suicide. We are ready to sacrifice our lives for the nation”, he said.
Kejriwal, whose health has been visibly deterioriating in last few days, exclaimed that freedom fighters like Bhagat Singh, Subhash Chandra Bose also commit suicide?
“Mine is first fast-unto death. First time, I realised what is hunger... There are many farmers who don’t eat anything out of poverty. I appeal to the government to hospitalise all poor farmers and then I will also get admitted to hospital”, he said.
He also added, “First put fifteen corrupt ministers behind bars, then we will break our fast. Delhi police can hospitalise us but can’t force feed us. Our fast will continue till any solution to tackle corruption comes.”
His remarks came after Delhi Police on Wednesday advised Team Anna to immediately hospitalise Arvind Kejriwal and two other fasting activists and warned that the organisers would be "squarely responsible" if anything untoward happens to them.
The fast of the three activists, Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia and Gopal Rai entered its eighth day on Wednesday and their health has worsened with doctors advising their hospitalisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state