We are ready for elections: BJP
New Delhi: Soon after the DMK pulled out of the UPA government on Tuesday over Sri Lankan issue, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) stated that it is prepared for elections.
"We are always ready for elections. The government does not have a majority now. It should go," Naqvi told reporters outside Parliament.
Sharpening the party`s attack on the UPA government, Naqvi said, "The government is on the ventilator. But if the government manages to run after somehow getting support from here and there then it will not be in the interest of the country."
On the Congress-led government`s proposed resolution on the Lankan issue in Parliament, Naqvi said, "It is Congress problem how it will manage. But it will not be interest of the nation."
Addressing a press conference, DMK chief Karunanidhi said that the Centre had failed to accept their demands on the issue of resolution against Sri Lanka. "In spite of repeated requests from us, the Centre failed to meet our demands."
"DMK ministers will quit the government either today or tomorrow," M Karunanidhi said. There are five DMK ministers in the Union Cabinet.
On giving outside support to the UPA he said, "Do not see any point in giving outside support to the UPA government."
"We are in complete support of the Tamils in Sri Lanka," DMK supremo added.
However giving a window to the Congress, Karunanidhi said that if the UPA government accepts their demands and rework the resolution against Sri Lanka then he may do a rethink on withdrawing support.
(With PTI Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation