We are ready for elections: BJP
New Delhi: Soon after the DMK pulled out of the UPA government on Tuesday over Sri Lankan issue, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) stated that it is prepared for elections.
"We are always ready for elections. The government does not have a majority now. It should go," Naqvi told reporters outside Parliament.
Sharpening the party`s attack on the UPA government, Naqvi said, "The government is on the ventilator. But if the government manages to run after somehow getting support from here and there then it will not be in the interest of the country."
On the Congress-led government`s proposed resolution on the Lankan issue in Parliament, Naqvi said, "It is Congress problem how it will manage. But it will not be interest of the nation."
Addressing a press conference, DMK chief Karunanidhi said that the Centre had failed to accept their demands on the issue of resolution against Sri Lanka. "In spite of repeated requests from us, the Centre failed to meet our demands."
"DMK ministers will quit the government either today or tomorrow," M Karunanidhi said. There are five DMK ministers in the Union Cabinet.
On giving outside support to the UPA he said, "Do not see any point in giving outside support to the UPA government."
"We are in complete support of the Tamils in Sri Lanka," DMK supremo added.
However giving a window to the Congress, Karunanidhi said that if the UPA government accepts their demands and rework the resolution against Sri Lanka then he may do a rethink on withdrawing support.
(With PTI Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion