We are ready for elections, says BJP
New Delhi: The BJP said Sunday it was prepared for string of assembly polls this year and the Lok Sabha elections and will fight the polls on the strength of "good governance, prudent politics and ideal image".
The BJP held the first meeting of new team of office-bearers here with senior party leader LK Advani "guiding the deliberations", said party spokesman Prakash Javadekar.
However, the party statement released afterwards said the meeting got "guidance" from Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, but not mentioning names of Advani or party president Rajnath Singh.
It also said that Modi, in his speech, emphasised on preparations for elections and need to adopt "new techniques (social media)" to connect with the younger generation."
He also dwelt on his experiences in Gujarat in connecting with the young voters.
Javadekar said the party was ready for elections - Lok Sabha and the scheduled (assembly) polls.
"It was Advaniji who guided the deliberations. He gave that good governance, prudent politics and ideal image were strengths of BJP and we must present our party in the same fashion," he added.
He said the party had started preparations for the elections in right earnest and the meeting of national office-bearers and state chiefs decided on programmes for the next six months.
The party has decided on "Go to villages, go to homes," campaign to reach 70 crore voters in the country.
Javadekar said during the campaign, party workers will reach out to people and tell them about the "misgovernance of UPA (United Progressive Alliance) government" and governance record of NDA (National Democratic Alliance)-ruled states.
He said work on forming booth committees will be completed in each Lok Sabha constituency and rallies in states will be addressed by senior leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla