We are ready for elections, says BJP
New Delhi: The BJP said Sunday it was prepared for string of assembly polls this year and the Lok Sabha elections and will fight the polls on the strength of "good governance, prudent politics and ideal image".
The BJP held the first meeting of new team of office-bearers here with senior party leader LK Advani "guiding the deliberations", said party spokesman Prakash Javadekar.
However, the party statement released afterwards said the meeting got "guidance" from Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, but not mentioning names of Advani or party president Rajnath Singh.
It also said that Modi, in his speech, emphasised on preparations for elections and need to adopt "new techniques (social media)" to connect with the younger generation."
He also dwelt on his experiences in Gujarat in connecting with the young voters.
Javadekar said the party was ready for elections - Lok Sabha and the scheduled (assembly) polls.
"It was Advaniji who guided the deliberations. He gave that good governance, prudent politics and ideal image were strengths of BJP and we must present our party in the same fashion," he added.
He said the party had started preparations for the elections in right earnest and the meeting of national office-bearers and state chiefs decided on programmes for the next six months.
The party has decided on "Go to villages, go to homes," campaign to reach 70 crore voters in the country.
Javadekar said during the campaign, party workers will reach out to people and tell them about the "misgovernance of UPA (United Progressive Alliance) government" and governance record of NDA (National Democratic Alliance)-ruled states.
He said work on forming booth committees will be completed in each Lok Sabha constituency and rallies in states will be addressed by senior leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi