We did not oppose Kanimozhi`s bail: CBI
New Delhi: Even as the Supreme Court Tuesday reserved orders on the bail pleas of five top corporate honchos in the 2G spectrum scam, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) said it did not oppose the bail petitions of Kanimozhi and four others in the trial court.
The investigating agency told Justice G.S. Singhvi and Justice H.L. Dattu that the concession given to Kanimozhi and four others is not available to other accused.
Additional Solicitor General Harin Raval told the court that he has twice given reasons to special public prosecutor U.U. Lalit on why the bail pleas were not opposed.
Raval said if court wanted he can tell the reasons for not opposing the bail.
At this the court said the CBI and special public prosecutor has full liberty and discretion in deciding the position to be taken in court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday