We did not oppose Kanimozhi`s bail: CBI
New Delhi: Even as the Supreme Court Tuesday reserved orders on the bail pleas of five top corporate honchos in the 2G spectrum scam, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) said it did not oppose the bail petitions of Kanimozhi and four others in the trial court.
The investigating agency told Justice G.S. Singhvi and Justice H.L. Dattu that the concession given to Kanimozhi and four others is not available to other accused.
Additional Solicitor General Harin Raval told the court that he has twice given reasons to special public prosecutor U.U. Lalit on why the bail pleas were not opposed.
Raval said if court wanted he can tell the reasons for not opposing the bail.
At this the court said the CBI and special public prosecutor has full liberty and discretion in deciding the position to be taken in court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report