We did not oppose Kanimozhi`s bail: CBI
New Delhi: Even as the Supreme Court Tuesday reserved orders on the bail pleas of five top corporate honchos in the 2G spectrum scam, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) said it did not oppose the bail petitions of Kanimozhi and four others in the trial court.
The investigating agency told Justice G.S. Singhvi and Justice H.L. Dattu that the concession given to Kanimozhi and four others is not available to other accused.
Additional Solicitor General Harin Raval told the court that he has twice given reasons to special public prosecutor U.U. Lalit on why the bail pleas were not opposed.
Raval said if court wanted he can tell the reasons for not opposing the bail.
At this the court said the CBI and special public prosecutor has full liberty and discretion in deciding the position to be taken in court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH