We did not oppose Kanimozhi`s bail: CBI
New Delhi: Even as the Supreme Court Tuesday reserved orders on the bail pleas of five top corporate honchos in the 2G spectrum scam, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) said it did not oppose the bail petitions of Kanimozhi and four others in the trial court.
The investigating agency told Justice G.S. Singhvi and Justice H.L. Dattu that the concession given to Kanimozhi and four others is not available to other accused.
Additional Solicitor General Harin Raval told the court that he has twice given reasons to special public prosecutor U.U. Lalit on why the bail pleas were not opposed.
Raval said if court wanted he can tell the reasons for not opposing the bail.
At this the court said the CBI and special public prosecutor has full liberty and discretion in deciding the position to be taken in court.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents