We don`t need loudspeakers outside places of worship: Sharad Yadav
New Delhi: Janata Dal Party leader Sharad Yadav has questioned the need of loudspeakers hanging outside places of worship.
Sharad Yadav told ANI, "The Bhartiya Janata Party has fought elections in the name of bringing `acche din` (good times). Some kind of rule must be implemented by the government to remove all mikes from every religious place. It acts as a hindrance when people sleep in peace."
He added, "Mikes hanging outside religious places are an element of creating tension. All the spiritual events can take place inside the institution. Has god gone deaf that we need loudspeakers to make him listen to us?"
Yesterday, police had detained Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Sangeet Som and two other party leaders while they were on their way to a Mahapanchayat to protest against the decision of the state administration to remove loudspeakers from a temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa