We don`t need loudspeakers outside places of worship: Sharad Yadav
New Delhi: Janata Dal Party leader Sharad Yadav has questioned the need of loudspeakers hanging outside places of worship.
Sharad Yadav told ANI, "The Bhartiya Janata Party has fought elections in the name of bringing `acche din` (good times). Some kind of rule must be implemented by the government to remove all mikes from every religious place. It acts as a hindrance when people sleep in peace."
He added, "Mikes hanging outside religious places are an element of creating tension. All the spiritual events can take place inside the institution. Has god gone deaf that we need loudspeakers to make him listen to us?"
Yesterday, police had detained Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Sangeet Som and two other party leaders while they were on their way to a Mahapanchayat to protest against the decision of the state administration to remove loudspeakers from a temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie