We endorse India-Pakistan dialogue: US
Washington: The United States has expressed its appreciation for the increasing dialogue between Pakistan and India, saying it`s in their self-interest and larger US interest to reduce tensions through talks.
"Just as we`ve said many, many times, we appreciate and certainly endorse increasing dialogue between Pakistan and India," State Department spokesman Phillip J Crowley told reporters on Friday when asked about the talks in Islamabad.
"It is in their self-interest and our larger interest to see dialogue that can help to resolve tensions that exist between the two countries," he said.
The US comments came as Indian Home Minister P Chidambaram met his Pakistani counterpart Rehman Malik and Pakistani Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi in Islamabad Friday.
Chidambaram, the first Indian minister to visit Pakistan since the 26/11 terror attack and the first Indian home minister to visit Islamabad in three decades, is to participate in the SAARC home ministers` conference in Islamabad Saturday.
Indian Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao had Thursday held talks her Pakistani counterart Salman Bashir focused on trust-building measures between the two counties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug