We endorse India-Pakistan dialogue: US
Washington: The United States has expressed its appreciation for the increasing dialogue between Pakistan and India, saying it`s in their self-interest and larger US interest to reduce tensions through talks.
"Just as we`ve said many, many times, we appreciate and certainly endorse increasing dialogue between Pakistan and India," State Department spokesman Phillip J Crowley told reporters on Friday when asked about the talks in Islamabad.
"It is in their self-interest and our larger interest to see dialogue that can help to resolve tensions that exist between the two countries," he said.
The US comments came as Indian Home Minister P Chidambaram met his Pakistani counterpart Rehman Malik and Pakistani Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi in Islamabad Friday.
Chidambaram, the first Indian minister to visit Pakistan since the 26/11 terror attack and the first Indian home minister to visit Islamabad in three decades, is to participate in the SAARC home ministers` conference in Islamabad Saturday.
Indian Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao had Thursday held talks her Pakistani counterart Salman Bashir focused on trust-building measures between the two counties.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview