We feel cheated in the name of rehabilitation: Shah`s wife
Srinagar: In a new twist to the Delhi terror plot case, the wife of Kashmiri militant Syed Liaqat Shah has claimed that her husband and she came to Gorakhpur in a security vehicle from the Nepal border.
"Once we crossed the Nepal Border, a security vehicle was waiting for us and we boarded into that vehicle and reached Gorakhpur where my husband (Liaqat) was asked to de-board and accompany the sleuths," Aktar-u-Nisa, Shah`s second wife, said after reaching her husband`s residence in Kupwara in north Kashmir.
She said they had breakfast at some security camp near Gorakhpur with the security personnel, who were very cordial with the couple.
Shah`s first wife, Amina Banoo, had submitted an application in police station Kupwara in 2011 under Rehabilitation Policy for ex-militants for the return of her husband from Pakistan occupied Kashmir.
Aktar-u-Nisa told a news agency that Delhi Police enacted a drama to mislead the nation that Shah was planning to carry out terror strikes in the country.
"Who will want to come back (under the rehabilitation policy) if this is what the police will do upon their return?" she asked.
The woman said she rued the decision to coming back with her husband as the police is spreading lies and falsehood against Shah.
"We have been cheated in the name of rehabilitation... I hope there is some way that I can go back (to Pakistan)," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?