We feel cheated in the name of rehabilitation: Shah`s wife
Srinagar: In a new twist to the Delhi terror plot case, the wife of Kashmiri militant Syed Liaqat Shah has claimed that her husband and she came to Gorakhpur in a security vehicle from the Nepal border.
"Once we crossed the Nepal Border, a security vehicle was waiting for us and we boarded into that vehicle and reached Gorakhpur where my husband (Liaqat) was asked to de-board and accompany the sleuths," Aktar-u-Nisa, Shah`s second wife, said after reaching her husband`s residence in Kupwara in north Kashmir.
She said they had breakfast at some security camp near Gorakhpur with the security personnel, who were very cordial with the couple.
Shah`s first wife, Amina Banoo, had submitted an application in police station Kupwara in 2011 under Rehabilitation Policy for ex-militants for the return of her husband from Pakistan occupied Kashmir.
Aktar-u-Nisa told a news agency that Delhi Police enacted a drama to mislead the nation that Shah was planning to carry out terror strikes in the country.
"Who will want to come back (under the rehabilitation policy) if this is what the police will do upon their return?" she asked.
The woman said she rued the decision to coming back with her husband as the police is spreading lies and falsehood against Shah.
"We have been cheated in the name of rehabilitation... I hope there is some way that I can go back (to Pakistan)," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Premier League 2016-17: Liverpool seal big-money deal for Georginio Wijnaldum
- PM Narendra Modi condemns Munich attack
- When Aditya Chopra told Ranveer Singh to act like himself
- Shah Rukh Khan terms himself struggling writer, pens poem inspired from Zayn Malik
- 'Quantico' diva Priyanka Chopra misses mommy during shoots!- See pic