`We had warned Modi`s elevation will have repercussions`
New Delhi: The Congress Monday took potshots at the BJP over the resignation of party veteran LK Advani from his organizational posts, saying it had warned that the elevation of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will have its repercussions.
Congress general secretary Janardan Dwivedi said that it was for the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) to ponder over Advani`s resignation from his party posts.
"We do not have anything to say on this. It is for the BJP to think. It is for the concerned persons to think. We had already said that it (Modi`s elevation) will have its repercussions," Dwivedi said.
Advani Monday quit from all major posts in the BJP, accusing "most of our leaders" of being "concerned just with their personal agendas".
Advani shot off an angry letter to BJP president Rajnath Singh a day after the party named Modi as head of the campaign committee for the 2014 Lok Sabha poll.
Advani resigned from his positions in the national executive, the parliamentary board and the election committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video