`We had warned Modi`s elevation will have repercussions`
New Delhi: The Congress Monday took potshots at the BJP over the resignation of party veteran LK Advani from his organizational posts, saying it had warned that the elevation of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will have its repercussions.
Congress general secretary Janardan Dwivedi said that it was for the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) to ponder over Advani`s resignation from his party posts.
"We do not have anything to say on this. It is for the BJP to think. It is for the concerned persons to think. We had already said that it (Modi`s elevation) will have its repercussions," Dwivedi said.
Advani Monday quit from all major posts in the BJP, accusing "most of our leaders" of being "concerned just with their personal agendas".
Advani shot off an angry letter to BJP president Rajnath Singh a day after the party named Modi as head of the campaign committee for the 2014 Lok Sabha poll.
Advani resigned from his positions in the national executive, the parliamentary board and the election committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars