`We had warned Modi`s elevation will have repercussions`
New Delhi: The Congress Monday took potshots at the BJP over the resignation of party veteran LK Advani from his organizational posts, saying it had warned that the elevation of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will have its repercussions.
Congress general secretary Janardan Dwivedi said that it was for the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) to ponder over Advani`s resignation from his party posts.
"We do not have anything to say on this. It is for the BJP to think. It is for the concerned persons to think. We had already said that it (Modi`s elevation) will have its repercussions," Dwivedi said.
Advani Monday quit from all major posts in the BJP, accusing "most of our leaders" of being "concerned just with their personal agendas".
Advani shot off an angry letter to BJP president Rajnath Singh a day after the party named Modi as head of the campaign committee for the 2014 Lok Sabha poll.
Advani resigned from his positions in the national executive, the parliamentary board and the election committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed