`We have clues linking Sanstha activists to Margao blast`
Panaji: Goa Police on Wednesday claimed that there
are enough proofs against the two Sanatan Sanstha activists
who died in Margao blast hinting their involvement in the
Margao police station in-charge has filed First
Information Report (FIR) against Malgonda Patil and Yogesh
Naik because there were enough grounds against them linking
them to the blast, Superintendent of Police (PRO) Atmaram
Deshpande told reporters here.
Deshpande`s statement came hours after Sanatan Sanstha
claimed mental torture by police investigating the blast case.
The organisation also said that both their activists were
murdered by planting bombs in their scooter.
"We have named both (Sanatan activists) as an accused in
the case. As per the findings of Margao police station
incharge, they were involved and hence their names have come
up," the SP said.
He said the October 16 blast would be investigated in all
Reacting to the allegations of torture, Deshpande said
since the accused are linked to Sanatan Sanstha, the
organization cannot be left out of enquiry process.
Though arrests have not been made even after 12 days of
the incident, it does not mean that the investigation is not
being done, he said.
"Arrest is not the measure of success. We may arrest
people later," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Australia coach Darren Lehmann backs Steve Smith's Sri Lanka series opt out
- Indonesia steps up fire response as haze blankets Singapore
- SC restrains Tamil Nadu Police from arresting Sasikala Pushpa
- Singapore's Deputy PM calls on Narendra Modi
- AIMIM to move to SC against Bombay HC verdict on allowing women entry to Haji Ali