`We have clues linking Sanstha activists to Margao blast`
Panaji: Goa Police on Wednesday claimed that there
are enough proofs against the two Sanatan Sanstha activists
who died in Margao blast hinting their involvement in the
Margao police station in-charge has filed First
Information Report (FIR) against Malgonda Patil and Yogesh
Naik because there were enough grounds against them linking
them to the blast, Superintendent of Police (PRO) Atmaram
Deshpande told reporters here.
Deshpande`s statement came hours after Sanatan Sanstha
claimed mental torture by police investigating the blast case.
The organisation also said that both their activists were
murdered by planting bombs in their scooter.
"We have named both (Sanatan activists) as an accused in
the case. As per the findings of Margao police station
incharge, they were involved and hence their names have come
up," the SP said.
He said the October 16 blast would be investigated in all
Reacting to the allegations of torture, Deshpande said
since the accused are linked to Sanatan Sanstha, the
organization cannot be left out of enquiry process.
Though arrests have not been made even after 12 days of
the incident, it does not mean that the investigation is not
being done, he said.
"Arrest is not the measure of success. We may arrest
people later," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Sandeep Yadav – Narsingh Yadav's roommate, also fails doping test
- KSRTC, BMTC strike begins today; two-day holiday for schools declared
- Dinosaur species may shed new light on megaraptorids
- Syrian migrant killed by own bomb at German bar
- CBI court to pronounce its order on Rajendra Kumar's bail plea today