Advertisement

We have got justice: 26/11 victim`s wife

Ragini Sharma, whose husband was killed in the 2008 terror strike, said she would like to thank the President for rejecting Kasab`s mercy plea.

Mumbai: "The first thing that comes to my mind is what happened is good. We are happy that we have got justice," wife of a railway ticket collector, who was killed in the 26/11 Mumbai carnage, said on Wednesday reacting to Pakistan terrorist Ajmal Kasab`s hanging.
Ragini Sharma, whose husband S K Sharma was killed in the 2008 terror strike, said she would like to thank the President for rejecting Kasab`s mercy plea. "I would like to thank the President. However, it got delayed but we did get justice. I am happy that it (the hanging) was done secretly, otherwise some human rights people would have opposed it," she said. Vishnu Zende, an announcer at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, the railway station here which was one of the targets of the attack, said, "I had never thought that I would get to hear this news like this. "I am very happy that he has been hanged. All the people who died in the terror attack have been given tribute by hanging him," Zende, who had helped save many lives by making announcements over the public address system in the station about the strike, said. Mukesh Agrawal, who survived when the Taj Hotel in Mumbai was attacked during the 2008 carnage, said Kasab should have been hanged four years ago. "But today what has happened is very good. It is a very good gift to the victims` families. The government has given a New Year gift," he said. K Unnikrishnan, father of NSG commando K Unnikrishnan, who was killed in the Taj Hotel strike, said, "The way in which the execution has been done, it is a model way. "Before anybody could react to the rejection of the mercy petition (of Kasab), everything is over. That is the thing which I cherish." Unnikrishnan, a retired ISRO official, said, "Definitely there was a long way to go for the sense of closure...Kasab`s execution is only one chapter. The perpetrators are still moving around in Pakistan and the anti-India thinking in Pakistan is too much now, it should come down." He said finally justice has been done in one case. "...The root cause is hatred that is still there and in my opinion that spoils the general calm attitude in India. I still feel many more things have to be done. We should not lose the momentum because we have hanged a culprit. That is not closure," Unnikrishnan said. PTI

Social Media Score

Scores
Over All Score 0
Digital Listening Score0
Facebook Score0
Instagram Score0
X Score0
YouTube Score0