We have no problem if Mulayam forms Third Front: Digvijay
Indore: The Congress-led UPA would not have any problem if Samajwadi Party president Mulayam Singh Yadav forms a "Third Front" at this juncture, senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh said on Sunday.
"Every political party has the right to tread on its own way. If Mulayam wants to form a Third Front, we won`t have any problem," the Congress General Secretary said, speaking at Indore Press Club.
However, Singh added that Mulayam had given outside support to UPA "in writing", and though SP was not in the government, it was with UPA "in fighting the communal forces".
BJP was trying to gain political mileage out of a sensitive issue such as the violence in Assam, he said.
He accused senior BJP leader LK Advani of making inflammatory statement on Kokrajhar violence in Assam, and challenged him to produce a list of illegal Bangladeshi migrants with names and addresses.
If he did, Congress would ensure that they leave Assam, he said.
It was wrong to link the illegal migrants from Bangladesh to a particular religion, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren