We have no problem if Mulayam forms Third Front: Digvijay
Indore: The Congress-led UPA would not have any problem if Samajwadi Party president Mulayam Singh Yadav forms a "Third Front" at this juncture, senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh said on Sunday.
"Every political party has the right to tread on its own way. If Mulayam wants to form a Third Front, we won`t have any problem," the Congress General Secretary said, speaking at Indore Press Club.
However, Singh added that Mulayam had given outside support to UPA "in writing", and though SP was not in the government, it was with UPA "in fighting the communal forces".
BJP was trying to gain political mileage out of a sensitive issue such as the violence in Assam, he said.
He accused senior BJP leader LK Advani of making inflammatory statement on Kokrajhar violence in Assam, and challenged him to produce a list of illegal Bangladeshi migrants with names and addresses.
If he did, Congress would ensure that they leave Assam, he said.
It was wrong to link the illegal migrants from Bangladesh to a particular religion, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'