We have to believe in our institutions: Sandeep Dikshit
New Delhi: Congress spokesperson Sandeep Dikshit assured the nation on Wednesday that multiple agencies were looking into coalgate and that all aspects into the alleged scam were being probed.
Speaking exclusively to Zee News, the Congress leader said, “The coal blocks which were allotted after 2004 is being investigated by the CBI. All aspects are being probed into.”
When pointed out that the IMG had said that there was no right mechanism due to which charges can be framed, Dikshit said, “The main probe is being handled by the CBI. The IMG is only a small part of it. It is only looking into the fact as to why work had not started in certain coal blocks on time.”
“IMG is responsible body and will surely tell the government if it finds any wrongdoings. We have to believe in our institutions,” he added.
When reminded of the fact that the Opposition had no trust in the agencies who were investigating coalgate, Dikshit said, “The CBI registers cases against Congress leaders. From CWG to 2G, the CBI has played an important role. The Opposition should not only indulge in politics.” He maintained that the CBI was an independent institution.
On being asked that shouldn’t those politicians who were said to be prima-facie involved in coal scam quit, the Congress spokesperson said, “Manoj Jaiswal’s name came to the forefront, Vijay Darda name was taken. The media also tried their best. However, in other names too, nothing could be proved. Navin Jindal’s name too was dragged. But action will be taken if someone has misused his position. If anybody has given a wrong affidavit for personal gain, then action against them will surely be taken.”
He requested that the investigating agencies should be allowed to do their job.
At the same time Sandeep Dikshit categorically refused that the coal block allocations should be cancelled and that they should be auctioned instead, on the lines of 2G.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- OP Jaisha marathon row: Vijay Goyal passes the buck to IOA, assures probe
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years