We have to move as per the law: Antony on AgustaWestland
New Delhi: Defence Minister AK Antony on Wednesday said AgustaWestland has been given 21 days to reply to the showcause notice for cancelling its contract worth Rs 3,600 crore for supplying 12 choppers to the Air Force, and said all will be done as per the law.
"We have to move as per the law. They have violated the contract," said Antony.
"We have given them 21 days. You wait (to the media)," he added.
The Defence Ministry has issued a final show cause notice to AgustaWestland for cancelling its contract worth Rs 3,600 crore for supplying 12 choppers to the Air Force for "violating" the terms of its contract.
The notice was issued by the Ministry on October 21 in which it has asked the Anglo Italian firm to explain why "all or any action as prescribed, including cancellation of the contract, should not be taken against them for violating the terms of the pre-integrity pact and the contract for procurement of 12 VVIP choppers."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair