We have to move as per the law: Antony on AgustaWestland
New Delhi: Defence Minister AK Antony on Wednesday said AgustaWestland has been given 21 days to reply to the showcause notice for cancelling its contract worth Rs 3,600 crore for supplying 12 choppers to the Air Force, and said all will be done as per the law.
"We have to move as per the law. They have violated the contract," said Antony.
"We have given them 21 days. You wait (to the media)," he added.
The Defence Ministry has issued a final show cause notice to AgustaWestland for cancelling its contract worth Rs 3,600 crore for supplying 12 choppers to the Air Force for "violating" the terms of its contract.
The notice was issued by the Ministry on October 21 in which it has asked the Anglo Italian firm to explain why "all or any action as prescribed, including cancellation of the contract, should not be taken against them for violating the terms of the pre-integrity pact and the contract for procurement of 12 VVIP choppers."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India