We must not fall into trap of terrorists: Nitish Kumar
New Delhi: Condemning Thursday`s twin blasts in Hyderabad, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar emphasised the importance of maintaining peace and calm to defeat the terrorists.
"We must not to fall into the trap of terrorists who want to create divisions. Terrorists are trying to destabilise normal life. We have to stay determined and maintain peace," Kumar told media here.
Earlier this morning, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, who visited the twin bomb blasts site at Dilsukhnagar in Hyderabad, said 14 people were killed in the blast and 110 were injured.
He then went to the bus shelter about 150 meters away where the second blast killed another six people and left many injured.
Shinde, accompanied by Andhra Pradesh Governor ESL Narasimhan, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy and Union Home Secretary RK Singh, later visited some hospitals where the injured persons were undergoing treatment.
Two powerful near simultaneous bomb blasts ripped through a crowded area close to a cluster of bus stands in Dilsukhnagar area in Hyderabad on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM