We must not fall into trap of terrorists: Nitish Kumar
New Delhi: Condemning Thursday`s twin blasts in Hyderabad, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar emphasised the importance of maintaining peace and calm to defeat the terrorists.
"We must not to fall into the trap of terrorists who want to create divisions. Terrorists are trying to destabilise normal life. We have to stay determined and maintain peace," Kumar told media here.
Earlier this morning, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, who visited the twin bomb blasts site at Dilsukhnagar in Hyderabad, said 14 people were killed in the blast and 110 were injured.
He then went to the bus shelter about 150 meters away where the second blast killed another six people and left many injured.
Shinde, accompanied by Andhra Pradesh Governor ESL Narasimhan, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy and Union Home Secretary RK Singh, later visited some hospitals where the injured persons were undergoing treatment.
Two powerful near simultaneous bomb blasts ripped through a crowded area close to a cluster of bus stands in Dilsukhnagar area in Hyderabad on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof