We need a future prime minister, not a man-eater: Beni
Lucknow: Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma, who had targeted Narendra Modi on several occasions before, Saturday said the country needs a prime minister and not a "man-eater".
Verma, without naming BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Modi, said, "Hamen bhavi pradhan mantri ki zaroorat hai, aadamkhor ki nahi (We need a future prime minister, not a man-eater)."
Addressing a convention of people belonging to dalit, backward and minority communities here, the Congress minister said the country was well aware of his (Modi`s) deeds.
Verma had earlier compared Modi to Hitler, and said, "He (Modi) has become a dictator of Gujarat and Muslims can`t dare to speak against Hitler."
He appeals to the people to stand up unitedly and bring in a change to the society and the government.
The minister said they (dalits and minorities) had enough number and could bring a party of their choice in power.
He also attacked the Samajwadi Party leadership over Muzaffarnagar riots and Saifai Mahotsav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site