We need a future prime minister, not a man-eater: Beni
Lucknow: Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma, who had targeted Narendra Modi on several occasions before, Saturday said the country needs a prime minister and not a "man-eater".
Verma, without naming BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Modi, said, "Hamen bhavi pradhan mantri ki zaroorat hai, aadamkhor ki nahi (We need a future prime minister, not a man-eater)."
Addressing a convention of people belonging to dalit, backward and minority communities here, the Congress minister said the country was well aware of his (Modi`s) deeds.
Verma had earlier compared Modi to Hitler, and said, "He (Modi) has become a dictator of Gujarat and Muslims can`t dare to speak against Hitler."
He appeals to the people to stand up unitedly and bring in a change to the society and the government.
The minister said they (dalits and minorities) had enough number and could bring a party of their choice in power.
He also attacked the Samajwadi Party leadership over Muzaffarnagar riots and Saifai Mahotsav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof