We need an honest Prime Minister: Baba Ramdev
New Delhi: As his fast entered the second day, yoga guru Ramdev on Friday asked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to demostrate "political honesty and political will" in bringing back black money stashed away in foreign shores which can be spent on empowering the people.
He also claimed that terrorism and Naxalism in the country can be tackled if the government controls the flow of black money and the rising inflation.
"The government has the list of people who have stashed away black money in foreign shores. We don`t want the names of those people, but at least disclose the amount at least. What is the harm in it? Why is the government reluctant?" he asked.
He said India can become the `super power` in the world and the army can become more powerful than those in China and the US if the black money is brought back and spent on people and national security.
"We need an honest Prime Minister. I want the current Prime Minister to demonstrate his political honesty and political will on the issue of black money," he said addressing the gathering at his three-day fast venue at Ramlila Ground here.
He also said that the government has to spell out its agenda on black money, corruption and Lokpal by tomorrow.
"Many people say I have no agenda. The agenda is to save the country. The people of the country will ask the government and all parties to spell out their agenda," he said.
If the black money is brought to India, then the country can boast of world-class hospitals, educational institutions and other facilities, he said.
"Terrorism and Naxalism are the two challenges. The root cause of this is black money. The menace can be tackled if the issue is solved," he said.
"People are talking about the equation I and Anna Hazare shares", Ramdev said, adding, "Every day people say there has been a fight between me and Annaji. I don`t know from where people get such stories."
He said, "People don`t like us because we don`t have anything to lose."
He said in their speeches both the Prime Minister and the President say corruption is the biggest enemy. "If they know why don`t they take steps to curb corruption?" he questioned.
Ramdev said people allege that he was in favour of the "sarkari" Lokpal. "I am not in favour of sarkari Lokpal. I am in favour of a consensus Lokpal. I want consensus on Lokpal," he said and demanded a strong Lokpal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?