We need an honest Prime Minister: Baba Ramdev
New Delhi: As his fast entered the second day, yoga guru Ramdev on Friday asked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to demostrate "political honesty and political will" in bringing back black money stashed away in foreign shores which can be spent on empowering the people.
He also claimed that terrorism and Naxalism in the country can be tackled if the government controls the flow of black money and the rising inflation.
"The government has the list of people who have stashed away black money in foreign shores. We don`t want the names of those people, but at least disclose the amount at least. What is the harm in it? Why is the government reluctant?" he asked.
He said India can become the `super power` in the world and the army can become more powerful than those in China and the US if the black money is brought back and spent on people and national security.
"We need an honest Prime Minister. I want the current Prime Minister to demonstrate his political honesty and political will on the issue of black money," he said addressing the gathering at his three-day fast venue at Ramlila Ground here.
He also said that the government has to spell out its agenda on black money, corruption and Lokpal by tomorrow.
"Many people say I have no agenda. The agenda is to save the country. The people of the country will ask the government and all parties to spell out their agenda," he said.
If the black money is brought to India, then the country can boast of world-class hospitals, educational institutions and other facilities, he said.
"Terrorism and Naxalism are the two challenges. The root cause of this is black money. The menace can be tackled if the issue is solved," he said.
"People are talking about the equation I and Anna Hazare shares", Ramdev said, adding, "Every day people say there has been a fight between me and Annaji. I don`t know from where people get such stories."
He said, "People don`t like us because we don`t have anything to lose."
He said in their speeches both the Prime Minister and the President say corruption is the biggest enemy. "If they know why don`t they take steps to curb corruption?" he questioned.
Ramdev said people allege that he was in favour of the "sarkari" Lokpal. "I am not in favour of sarkari Lokpal. I am in favour of a consensus Lokpal. I want consensus on Lokpal," he said and demanded a strong Lokpal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'