We never appointed agent for Chopper project: Augusta Westland
New Delhi: With Italian agencies probing allegations of it paying kickbacks to secure the deal for supplying 12 VVIP choppers, Agusta Westland on Saturday said it never appointed any agent for the Indian project and did not pay commission to any one.
"Agusta Westland never appointed, formally or informally, any one as as its agents or intermediaries in the VVIP programme. Therefore, the company never paid any commission to anyone," the company said in a press release.
On allegations that a Brigadier had demanded USD 5 million from Agusta Westland to facilitate supply of 197 light choppers, the company said it has already been excluded from the tender for being non-compliant.
The Brigadier`s alleged bribe demand had come to light in a memorandum submitted in an Italian court.
"Agusta Westland is astonished that such press news report about a memorandum which is unknown, directly or indirectly, to the company and is related to a programme different from the VVIP one," it said.
After the charges came to light, the Defence Ministry has sought details of the on-going Italian probe from their government directly.
The company said it "firmly denies" recent media reports about alleged use of agents or intermediaries by the company in its contractual relationships with the Indian Ministry of Defence or any other governmental body involved in the procurement of its products.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow