We respect SC`s decision: Chhattisgarh CM
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman
Singh on Friday said that his government "respects" the Supreme
Court`s decision of granting bail to activist Binayak Sen,
convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment for sedition by
Chhatisgarh High Court.
"We respect the decision given by Supreme Court,"
"We have always respected any court`s decision and we
will continue to do that," the chief minister of of the BJP
ruled state said.
A bench comprising Justices HS Bedi and CK Prasad of
the apex court in New Delhi passed the order on the petition
moved by Sen challenging the order of Chhattisgarh High Court
denying him bail.
"Supreme Court has only granted him the bail. The
pending legal process will continue in High Court at Bilaspur.
Whatever the final verdict be, we will respect that decision
too," Singh said.
In its order, the Supreme Court said it was giving no
reason for granting bail to 61-year-old Sen and left it to the
satisfaction of the trial court concerned to impose the
conditions for his release on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends