We respect SC`s decision: Chhattisgarh CM
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman
Singh on Friday said that his government "respects" the Supreme
Court`s decision of granting bail to activist Binayak Sen,
convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment for sedition by
Chhatisgarh High Court.
"We respect the decision given by Supreme Court,"
"We have always respected any court`s decision and we
will continue to do that," the chief minister of of the BJP
ruled state said.
A bench comprising Justices HS Bedi and CK Prasad of
the apex court in New Delhi passed the order on the petition
moved by Sen challenging the order of Chhattisgarh High Court
denying him bail.
"Supreme Court has only granted him the bail. The
pending legal process will continue in High Court at Bilaspur.
Whatever the final verdict be, we will respect that decision
too," Singh said.
In its order, the Supreme Court said it was giving no
reason for granting bail to 61-year-old Sen and left it to the
satisfaction of the trial court concerned to impose the
conditions for his release on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites