We welcome JD(U) into secular fold: NCP
Mumbai: The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) on Saturday said it welcomed JD(U)`s imminent separation from BJP and joining the secular forces.
"We welcome JD(U) to separate from BJP and join secular forces," NCP leader DP Tripathi said, talking to reporters here after a meeting of the state NCP, at which party supremo Sharad Pawar was present.
Asked whether he meant UPA or the `federal front` by secular forces, Tripathi said, "Yes, UPA coalition...We are part of the UPA. We are not with any front. We are with UPA."
Earlier, addressing the party workers, Pawar said the UPA government had made progress on a lot of fronts in the last nine years.
"There are lot of challenges. The truth be told, the main question is how the country is to be run. The Congress-led UPA government is in power for last nine years. We have made progress in many fields and raised the growth rate of the country," Pawar said.
"However, in politics, if those who have the responsibility of governing the country don`t have enough numbers in Parliament, its repercussions are felt in governance. The world`s view of looking at us changes."
"Unfortunately, TMC and DMK, our two allies, went away. When there are discussions of elections being held anytime, the administrative machinery slows down as far as taking decisions and implementing them is concerned," Pawar said.
Senior NCP leader Praful Patel said it was a misconception that NCP was opposing the food security bill.
"In no way is NCP opposed to the bill. On the contrary we welcome it. Pawar sahib says you bring in the bill, but also ensure that there is no injustice to farmers as far as remunerative prices for their produce are concerned," Patel said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump