We welcome our guests with open arms: Khurshid on Pak PM
New Delhi: Before leaving for Jaipur to receive Pakistan’s Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid said on Saturday: “We welcome our guests >
“It’s in our culture to welcome our guests with open arms. Whoever speaks about it, won’t worry us,” said Khurshid.
Earlier on Friday, diwan of Ajmer dargah Sayed Zainul Abedin Ali Khan said: "I have decided to boycott him when he comes here along with his family to perform prayers. I have not even asked for the pass to be in the dargah premises when the Prime Minister reaches here."
Pakistan’s Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf is slated to visit the world-famous shrine of Sufi saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti in Ajmer.
BJP Member of Parliament Kirti Azad told a news agency: “First, no serious action has been taken against the beheading of the Indian jawan at the LoC, the perpetrators of 26/11 are still roaming free, we seem to be coward and here we have the Foreign Minister inviting the Prime minister of Pakistan. This shows that we are proving to be a coward state.”
Khurshid, who will host lunch for the Pakistani Prime Minister at the Rambagh Palace in Jaipur, said that he looks forward to the visit of Ashraf.
Khurshid, who has ruled out any diplomatic talks with the visiting Pakistani Prime Minister, said on Friday that he would be receiving the visiting dignitary on his private visit to Ajmer Sharif on Saturday as a courtesy.
Ashraf is now expected to be received by representatives of the Rajasthan government during his arrival in Ajmer due to pressure on Khurshid, sources said.
The Pakistani PM will then meet Khurshid over lunch before flying to Ajmer in a helicopter. He will return to Jaipur in the evening on his way back to Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know